Discussion: View Thread

Online 4 ECTS course 'How to design your PhD' on November 6-10, 2023

• 1.  Online 4 ECTS course 'How to design your PhD' on November 6-10, 2023

Posted 03-10-2023 19:59

Dear Madam or Sir,

The European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) in Brussels organises ONLINE the 11th edition of the 4 ECTS course 'How to design your PhD', on November 6-10, 2023. Click on the link below to apply until September 6, 2023:

https://www.eiasm.org/frontoffice/eden_announcement.asp?event_id=1678

Since 2013, the course was attended by 177 PhD students from universities in 25 countries.

Testimonials from previous editions

"Apart from an attractive syllabus and good reputation of this course, I have received numerous recommendations from my faculty members and other PhD students that have taken the course as well as encouragement from my supervisor to participate."

"The seminar was a great surprise because it was very embracing, but it did not fail to address any of the issues in depth. The seminar week allowed me to learn a lot, to think outside the box about my doctoral topic, but also to structure it with a great tool, the Idea Puzzle. I enjoyed a lot this seminar and recommend it to all PhD students."

"This seminar was very useful! This kind of preparation should be mandatory for every PhD student! I have learned a lot about how to formulate a research design. In addition, the personalised feedback regarding to my research was very useful. The atmosphere of the seminar was professional, but at the same time very familiar." 

"This seminar was well structured with professors' presentations as well as group discussions and individual presentations. Each participant was given the opportunity to share his/her PhD research and receive suggestions from both professors. It was interesting to know the software Idea Puzzle, which is a very useful tool to reflect on the research design. The participants also had the chance to talk to each other and learn from peers in groups. All in all, a very great seminar! I would recommend it to every PhD student."

"The seminar week allowed me to have a better idea of my own research and I learned a lot, to think like a researcher and structure my own research with this great tool, the Idea Puzzle. I am already recommending this seminar to other PhD students."

Thank you and best regards,

------------------------------
    Ricardo Morais
    Católica Porto Business School
    rmorais@ucp.pt
    ------------------------------