Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Passing of Dr. Danny Holt at University of Louisville

Posted 06-16-2022 14:58

Our friend and colleague, Danny Holt, passed away Tuesday evening.  He was surrounded by relatives and friends, including those from his own PhD-student cohort who flew in to be with him.  In the midst of all this tragedy, it was a beautiful experience to see his family gathered, and to share in the joy they celebrated in his life.  They are an inspirational group of people, much like Danny, and it was a privilege to see them love and care for each other, and for him.

I share this because Danny's influence and friendships in the Academy were broader than I could ever imagine, and I hope to reach his friends who need to have this information.  If you have any questions, please reach out to me directly (robert.garrett@louisville.edu).  Please know that Danny is loved here, and he loved being home in Louisville.

Please find here his obituary and services information: Obituaries in Louisville, KY | Courier-Journal

courier-journal.com remove preview
    Obituaries in Louisville, KY | Courier-Journal
    Dr. Daniel Holt, Lt Colonel (R) USAF passed away June 14, 2022 at the age of 55. Called Danny by those that knew him or Uncle Dan by his nephews, he was never caught up in the formality of his professional accomplishments or military career.
    View this on courier-journal.com >

Kind regards,

Bobby

------------------------------
    R. P. Garrett, Ph.D.
    Brown and Williamson Professor of Entrepreneurship
    Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs
    Director, Forcht Center for Entrepreneurship
    College of Business, University of Louisville
    robert.garrett@louisville.edu
    (502) 852-4790
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Passing of Dr. Danny Holt at University of Louisville

Posted 06-17-2022 19:01

Dear colleagues: The Annual Bank Conference on Development Economics (ABCDE), organized by the World Bank, is one of the world's best-known conferences for the presentation and discussion of new knowledge on social and economic development. It will take place on Zoom June 21–24, from 9:00 am–12:00 pm (EST). Since I served on the program committee (having done a little bit of work with the World Bank), I'd like to invite all interested colleagues and PhD students to come to this interesting conference.

Annual Bank Conference on Development Economics 2022: Recovery, Reform, and Business Environment (worldbank.org)       

There is a link to zoom for attending it, if you're interested.        Best regards, Mike

----------

Mike Peng, Ph.D. www.mikepeng.com

Jindal Chair of Global Strategy

Executive Director, Center for Global Business

Jindal School of Management, University of Texas at Dallas

jindal.utdallas.edu/centers-of-excellence/cgb/

----------