CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
STR Paper Development Workshop (PDW) for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean 2022
Supported by: Strategic Management (STR)Division of the Academy of Management
in Collaboration with
INCAE Business School, Costa Rica/Nicaragua
Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
Submission deadline: Oct 1st, 2021
● Carlos Rodríguez, INCAE Business School, Past STR Global Representative LA North
● Edgar Ramírez, Tecnológico de Monterrey, STR Global Representative LA North
The Strategic Management (STR) Division of the Academy of Management is seeking submissions for a #STRongerTogether workshop to be held virtually during January 10th 11th and 12th,2022. This research-focused workshop aims to support the development of scholars in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean by helping to develop scholarly research, providing advice on the publication process, and providing an opportunity for STR members to engage with each other and the broader strategy research community in this region.
Papers accepted to the PDW will be assigned to a senior scholar who will take the role of discussant. Several regional and international senior scholars with broad editorial experience have already agreed to join us, including Brian Silverman (University of Toronto), Ernesto Amorós (Egade, Tecnologico de Monterrey), Elena Vidal (City University of New York), Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra (Northeastern University).
Key features of this PDW include:
● Each accepted paper will be assigned to a senior scholar who will provide feedback to the authors.
● During the roundtable sessions, authors will make a short presentation to share their work with other participants, followed by the senior discussant and general Q&A.
● There will be opportunities to meet other scholars and build your network through breakout sessions.
● Senior scholars will offer advice for publishing and having a successful career.
● We expect participants to attend all sessions, making the time commitment to be present during the two conference days.
● The workshop will be held in English primarily, but relevant and well-done research papers written in Spanish will also be accepted.
● One day will be centered on PhD students, with a focus on how to manage the dissertation process.
To apply for this PDW, please submit a single PDF file containing 1) a title and author page, and 2) an extended one-page abstract of an unpublished manuscript that you wish to develop further during the workshop. The topic must fit within the broad context of strategic management. The abstract should include an explanation as to the purpose of the paper, the theoretical background and, for empirical papers, the methodological approach. Upon acceptance to the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to revise and finalize their paper up to Dec 10th, 2021. Between that date and the workshop, each participant will be asked to peer-review one or more papers of other participants in order to adequately prepare.
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to (email@example.com) using the subject line STR PDW.
Deadline for submission: October 1st, 2021
Notification of acceptance: Oct 18th, 2021
Deadline for submission of the full paper for the PDW (for accepted proposals):Dec 10th, 2021
PDW sessions: January 10, 11th, and 12th,2022.