Summary of Job Duties:
The Management Program in the School of Business at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant position to begin Fall 2023. Priority given to Small Business and Entrepreneurship, but related fields accepted. The university expects instructional excellence and scholarly output appropriate for a school with AACSB accreditation of its undergraduate and graduate programs. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy. Apply at:
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. degree (ABD acceptable if all degree requirements are completed before employment commences) in Management with an emphasis in Small Business and Entrepreneurship or related area from an AACSB-accredited school.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Teaching and professional work experience desired.
- Teach both campus and online courses in the undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Engage students with the business community;
- Execute a strong research agenda consistent with the expectations of an AACSB-accredited school;
- Integrate into the regional entrepreneurial communities and organizations;
- Participate in Department, School of Business, College, and University service.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills:
- Ability to provide instructional excellence in undergraduate/graduate courses in areas of specialization;
- Committed to remaining current in the area of expertise and instruction;
- Ability to teach online;
- A planned research agenda consistent with expectations of an AACSB-accredited program;
- Interest in participating in student-centered service activities;
- Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity.
Please upload all required documents in the "Resume/Cover" attachment section of your application (before hitting the submit button), if you want to be considered for this position.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a metropolitan research university that provides an accessible, quality education through flexible learning and unparalleled internship opportunities. At UA Little Rock, we prepare our more than 8,900 students to be innovators and responsible leaders in their fields. Committed to its metropolitan research university mission, UA Little Rock is a driving force in Little Rock's thriving cultural community and a major component of the city and state's growing profile as a regional leader in research, technology transfer, economic development, and job creation.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
Management, Marketing, & Technology Department's Website: Ualr.edu/management
Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Other (see special instructions for details), Resume, Statement of Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s), Writing Sample
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit documentation of teaching experience.
Recruitment Contact Information:
Valarie Abrams, HR Business Partner, 501-916-5704
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Criminal Background Check, Sex Offender Registry
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.