STR Paper Development Workshop (PDW) for Brazil
November 26 2021 - 9 am – 5pm (Brasília, GMT -3)
Supported by: Strategic Management (STR) Division of the Academy of Management
in Collaboration with Insper, FGV-EAESP & HEC-Paris
Submission deadline: Oct 22, 2021
● Paulo Arvate, FGV-EAESP
● Sandro Cabral, Insper Institute of Education and Research, and STR –Global Rep. South America
● Marina Gama FGV-EAESP
● Leandro Nardi – HEC-Paris
The Strategic Management (STR) Division of the Academy of Management is seeking submissions for a #STRongerTogether workshop to be held virtually on November 26th, 2021. This research-focused workshop aims to support the development of scholars in Brazil by helping to develop scholarly research, providing advice on the publication process, as well as an opportunity for STR members to engage with each other and the broader strategy research community in this region.
The organizers will invite the most brilliant Junior Faculty and PhD candidates to present their research in the workshop.The focus is to provide a high-level discussion on quantitative methods for Strategy research, and promote the development of scholars in Brazil.
Each paper will be assigned to a senior scholar who will take the role of discussant. We are inviting reputed scholars with broad editorial experience to join us: Sergio Lazzarini (Insper), Aline Gatignon (Wharton Business School), Rodrigo Bandeira de Mello (Merrimack College), Luiz Mesquita (Carey School of Business) , Joao Albino Pimentel (Copenhagen Business School), Carlos Inoue (UIUC) and Leonardo Kluppel (Ohio State).
Key features of this Workshop include:
● Each paper will be assigned to a senior scholar who will provide feedback to the authors. (Moreover, we hope this feedback will be useful to improve the paper for the AoM 2022 Conference.)
● During the sessions, authors will make a short presentation to share their work with other participants, followed by the senior discussant and general Q&A.
● There will be opportunities to build your network through breakout sessions.
● Senior scholars will share their experience about the publication process in leading journals.
● We expect participants to commit to attend all sessions during the conference..
● The workshop will be held in English and in Portuguese and will be open to the strategy community.
To apply for this PDW, please submit as single PDF file containing 1) a title and author page, and 2) an extended one-page abstract of an unpublished manuscript that you wish to develop further during the workshop.The topic must fit within the broad context of strategic management. Proposals emphasizing causal inference methods are particularly welcome. The abstract should include an explanation as to the purpose of the paper, the theoretical background, the empirics and the methodological approach. The deadline is October 22, and between that date and the workshop, each participant will be asked to peer-review one or more papers of other participants in order to adequately prepare.
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line STR Workshop Brazil.
Deadline for submission: October 22, 2021 - Notification of the results: November 16th, 2021
PDW sessions: November 26th, 2021 – 9 am- 5 pm